Wednesday 5 February 2020

FEB 3 - 5

Feb 3
Joseph is quietly disappointed that there haven’t been more positive effects from the trial drugs - sometimes IF they work it can happen quite quickly after treatment starts. Next week is the 2nd treatment - week four of the nine-week cycle - so we still have time...

Now more pain so adding extra painkillers. Still no nausea, but any movement or, it seems, the wrong word can bring on vomiting! Never sure if painkillers stay down so taking extra pills and that’s a double-edge sword... more waking (to take them) and more sleeping (effect).

Feb 4
Nights are becoming tricky ... rolling over is agony - sitting up is agony ... and as it is for everybody  ... everything is magnified in the quiet of the night.

To avoid the pain of sitting up to take water we bought a 360 cup. It’s just like the one Cedric (& a million other toddlers) uses and it is a minor miracle - there are no drips!  I need to find out who invented it and have them knighted!


Feb 5
It’s all a bit messy right now; increased pain, and still the odd vomit that makes it difficult to think of what to eat (if to eat at all).

Tonight it’s Ribs n’ Wings night at our local hotel and I was hankering for those ribs but the mere mention of them upset Joseph’s tummy. We had (my)Gypsy Soup, we had pasta (with his frozen sauce), we had tinned tomato soup and beans (favourites right now) but it turns out, the food that is probably the worst thing one could eat, is what he wanted.  

So I zipped off to Macca’s (Aus the only place in the world allowed to not call it MacDonald’s) figured I could do it faster than UBER guy on his bike (I hate UBER). The closest is across town, on the edge of the CBD, so you have to PAY for parking!! (Well you have to go to a machine, get a ticket then return to your car and place the ticket on the dash - there may or may not be $$s exchanged - I didn’t have time to find out)!! So I chose the drive-through (I hate drive-through) in the hopes of speeding up the trip and I just know the little girl at the window thought the TWO BIG MACS & LARGE FRIES were just for me - the blob - too lazy to get out of her car!


I zipped back home before he lost his “appetite” and he ate his burger, and most of the fries and even some coke ... and it stayed down ... and that’s about as sad as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment