Monday 10 February 2020

Feb 10th

Finally a visit from our Oncologist (Nimit - no-one calls him Dr. Singhal!) and we have a plan: 
- The fracture (2nd vertebrae) appears to be the only one.
- Radiotherapy to fix the fracture, should not interfere with the trial (not near main cancer site). 
- Adjust painkillers so he can tolerate the trip to the clinic BY CAR - hopefully by Friday. We know there isn’t room for a bed in the treatment area and presume arriving by ambulance for a trial doesn’t look good!!
- Replace new pill with a Fentanyl patch - not only stronger but also bypasses the gut ... hopefully no need for anti-nausea pills or those little brown ones 💩
- Continue OxyContin and Panadol as well as the patch.  Woah!!

Still waiting for CT scan from last week, and after repeated attempts to insert another cannula - ouch!! (previous one removed after 3 days), and fasting from 10.00 a.m. for 2.00 scan - that gets moved to 4.00 pm.- he finally makes the last CT scan of the day and is back   by 5.30!!




After the Oncologist and before the CT Scan, in the middle of his pain and anguish, Joseph had a little surprise for me ... some beautiful pearl earrings. He remembered how much I missed my lost pearl earrings (that I wore everyday) ... I couldn’t even remember his toothbrush (or hairbrush, or jocks, or t-shirt!!) ... 



He even wrote on the card and thanked me for being so wonderful ... well I feel a tad guilty because all those poor sods who go about being wonderful and kind and loving every day of the year have to perform miracles to be noticed!!  Me - I just be nice for a change ... and he spoils me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment